Welcome to SHRM Vermont State Council
Welcome to the website for the Vermont State Council of the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM).
This website provides links to valuable human resources information, including local chapter websites, local HR events and current HR news. Your are encouraged to visit us regularly.
The Council encourages all SHRM members to join a local chapter as it will enhance your networking connections, expand your professional development opportunities, and in many situations provide opportunities for recertification credits for your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
If you’re not SHRM-certified, but have a valid HR generalist certification (including: PHR, SPHR, GPHR, HRBP, HRMP, IPMA-CP) which you obtained by January 31, 2015, you are eligible for SHRM's new certification—at no cost—by completing the Online Tutorial Pathway before December 31, 2015. Visit www.shrmcertification.org/pathway to start this process, or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
The SHRM Online Pathway Tutorial provides Pathway participants with an introduction to the SHRM Competency Model, and explores how it can be used to support one’s professional development. During the Tutorial, participants will have the opportunity to complete a Competency Self-Portrait, which will identify individual strengths and weaknesses across the eight behavioral competencies in the SHRM Competency Model. This information can be used to help you develop an individual development plan that will contribute to your continued professional development. After you obtain your SHRM certification, the recertification process provides you with additional opportunities to continue building your skills and capabilities as a successful HR professional.
WHAT IS COVERED IN THE ONLINE TUTORIAL PATHWAY
- An Introduction to the HR Competency Model: The online tutorial is an educational program that focuses on the eight behavioral competencies found in the SHRM Competency Model and the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK).
- An Opportunity to Rate Your Proficiency: The tutorial comprises five modules, including an interactive tool to create an individual Competency Self-Portrait, as well as an opportunity to experience the scenario-based questions on the SHRM certification exams.
- An (Unscored) Demo of Exam Question Formats: The scenarios and question examples are not scored, but rather serve to provide exposure to how SHRM is assessing competencies in our exams.
Any professionals who did not obtain a generalist certification by January 31, 2015, will not be eligible for the online tutorial pathway and instead can take the SHRM certification exam.
*PHR, SPHR, GPHR, HRBP and HRMP are registered trademarks of the HR Certification Institute and are not SHRM certifications. SHRM has no rights to the “IPMA” trademark, and IPMA-CP is not a SHRM certification. Other HR generalist credentials may also qualify based on SHRM’s review. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™ Certification Preparation Course
VT Tech - Williston
The SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking credentials that focus on identifying and testing the knowledge and practical real-life experiences HR professionals around the world need to excel in their careers today.
Earning your SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential establishes you as a recognized expert in the HR field. These new certifications recognize that HR professionals are at the core of leading organizational success:
- Built on one singular Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) designed to elevate the HR profession around the world.
- Tests the HR professional’s competency—the ability to put that knowledge to work through critical thinking and application.
- Demonstrates that the HR professional is a technical expert and has mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies, through practice and experience, to drive business results.
This certification preparation program covers four knowledge domains: People, Organization, Workplace and Strategy as well as eight behavioral competencies; Leadership & Navigation, Ethical Practice, Business Acumen, Relationship Management, Consultation, Critical Evaluation , Global & Cultural Effectiveness, and Communication. For more information on these new credentials visit www.SHRMCertification.org
This intensive program combines expert instruction with the 2015 SHRM Learning System, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track as you prepare for the exam.
For those not seeking certification, this course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist point of view, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core competencies and increase productivity.
As an added advantage, we use the SHRM Learning System, which has a long and established track record of helping HR certification candidates beat average pass rates.Itfeatures relevant HR content and advanced tools that streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam.
The course investment includes all course materials but does not cover registration for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examinations.
Link to the info on VTC website: http://www.vtc.edu/academics/continuing-education-workforce-development/programs/shrm-human-resource-training